Under the national assessment guidelines, children are assessed as working towards the expected standard, working at the expected standard or working in greater depth.
In order to provide parents/carers with information as to what is expected at the end of each year, we have prepared National Curriculum Expectation booklets for each year group, which are available on the school website. Please visit the 'National Curriculum Expectations' page or click below to follow the links:
Please find below a powerpoint from our most recent parent presentations about assessment, marking and feedback.
Assessment at the End of Key Stage 2
At the end of Key Stage 2, pupils at our school undertake SATs tests and assessments.
Each year we share information about the content and structure of the SATs with Year 6 parents. The powerpoint from our 2019 meeting is shared below.
Please find below a short video that shares more information about the Key Stage 2 tests and what parents/carers can do to support your child at home. We want to work with you to help your child to prepare well for their end of Key Stage 2 tests, whilst also ensuring children are not concerned about their tests, and still have plenty of time to rest, relax and play! This video has not yet been updated for this year by the DfE, but it stills contains useful information. We will upload any updated videos as they become available. Please note that as well as their SATS test scores, parents will also receive a teacher assessment grade for your child's attainment in writing and science.
- Working towards the expected standard in writing: Dani
- Working at the expected standard in writing: Leigh
- Working at the expected standard in writing: Morgan
- Working at greater depth within the expected standard in writing: Frankie
- Working at the expected standard in maths
- Working at the expected standard in reading
- Working at the expected standard in science
When are the SATs in 2020?
SATS in 2020 start on Monday 11th May and the last test will be on Thursday 14th May.
The 2020 SATs schedule is as follows:
Monday 11th May 2020 - English grammar, punctuation and spelling Paper 1: questions and English grammar, punctuation and spelling Paper 2: spelling
Tuesday 12th May 2020 - English reading
Wednesday 13th May 2020 - Mathematics Paper 1: arithmetic and Mathematics Paper 2: reasoning
Thursday 14th May 2020 - Mathematics Paper 3: reasoning
2016 Test Papers and Mark Schemes
The test papers and mark schemes for 2016 are provided below. Please click on the links below to view these:
- 2016 Maths Paper 1: Arithmetic
- 2016 Maths Paper 2: Reasoning
- 2016 Maths Paper 3: Reasoning
- 2016 Maths Mark Scheme
- 2016 Reading Booklet
- 2016 Reading Question Booklet
- 2016 Reading Mark Scheme
- 2016 Spelling and Grammar Paper 1: Questions
- 2016 Spelling and Grammar Paper 2: Spelling
- 2016 Spelling and Grammar Mark Scheme