Our policy on school uniform is based on the principle that school uniform:
- promotes a sense of pride in the school;
- engenders a sense of community and belonging towards the school;
- is practical and smart;
- identifies the children with the school;
- prevents children from coming to school in fashion clothes/shoes that could be distracting in class;
- makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance;
- is regarded as suitable wear for school and good value for money by most parents/carers;
- is designed with health and safety in mind.
We are very proud of how smart our children look in their school uniform and we greatly value the support of parents/carers.
School Uniform List
- A white long sleeve or short sleeve shirt or blouse (not polo shirts)
- Black trousers (trousers should be a standard ‘straight leg’ school trouser fit – i.e. not leggings or ‘skinny’ fit)
- Black skirt, pinafore dress or culottes (just above knee length)
- Shorts (just above knee length)
- A red V neck sweatshirt jumper or sweatshirt cardigan
- The school tie (available from Cliffs and the school office)
- Black shoes, sandals (not trainers or boots)
- White, grey or black socks/opaque tights
- During the summer term red checked dresses may be worn
Please note that jumpers and cardigans are available with the Copley logo from Cliffs uniform supplier in Doncaster, but this is not compulsory. A plain red V neck sweatshirt jumper or sweatshirt cardigan may be purchased instead from the parents’ store of choice.
The school P.E. kit consists of:
- White polo shirt
- Black shorts/leotard
- Trainers (non logo brands)
- Track suit (non branded, no logos)
On health and safety grounds we do not allow children to wear jewellery in our school. The exception to this rule is earring studs in pierced ears. We ask the children to either remove these before P.E. and games lessons, or cover them with a plaster, to prevent them from causing injury. Children must remove earring studs for swimming lessons in Year 5. On any days that a child is participating in P.E., games, swimming and other physical activities it is advisable to leave earrings at home. Makeup and nail varnish are not permitted. Hair bows should be of a suitable size. Bows should match school uniform colours (black, white, silver, grey, red).
Children are encouraged to wear a simple watch (preferably an analogue watch) as this supports them in learning to tell the time. Children are not allowed to wear watches that allow any form of communication between persons (i.e. receiving/sending messages, have a camera facility (whether disabled or not), tracker device etc.)
The taking of photographs in school is covered by our safeguarding procedures and the risk of photos being taken of people who have not given consent via watches with a camera facility is not acceptable during the school day. It is also not acceptable for pupils to be disturbed from their learning by any device that allows for any form of communication with persons outside the classroom.
Some children wear the type of fitbit watch that tracks their physical activity. If this does not allow communication between persons, then this remains acceptable.
The school does not permit children to have ‘extreme’ haircuts e.g. excessively gelled/spiked/shaved/shaved patterns etc. No hair dyes are allowed.
The school wants all children to grow into healthy adults. We believe that it is dangerous for children to wear shoes that have platform soles or heels, so we do not allow children to wear such shoes in our school. Neither do we allow children to wear trainers or boots to school; this is because we think that this footwear is appropriate for sport or for leisurewear, but is not in keeping with the smart appearance of a school uniform. Summer sandals must have toes covered as open-toed sandals are not suitable to wear at school. We require all children to wear shoes as stated in the uniform list.
For further details, please view our full School Uniform Policy below.
We hope the photographs below provide further clarification about the expectations of our School Uniform Policy.
Please click on the first photograph below to view the gallery of photographs.
Shorts/culottes/skirts/pinafore dresses may be worn throughout the year. All items should be just above knee length. Pictured above are the options of a pinafore with shorts, pinafore dress, culottes and school skirts. Trousers should be a standard ‘straight leg’ school trouser fit – i.e. not leggings or ‘skinny’ fit, as shown in the photographs above. During the summer term red checked dresses may be worn.