Division Calculation Methods
Calculations Policy for Division
Please find below our Calculations Policy for Division. You can increase the size of the text by using the magnifying glass icon/slide button at the top of the document or you download this document by clicking on 'download' below.
Please click on the division videos below to find out about the calculation methods we use for division. I am sure you will agree that the pupils explain the methods really well!
1. Halving - Using 2d, 3d and 4d Numbers
2. Dividing multiples of 10 or 100 by a single digit
3. Division with a number line (part one)
4. Division with a number line (part two)
5. Short Division
6. Long Division
7. Dividing whole numbers and decimals by 10, 100 and 1000