Learning never stops at Copley!
Our 'Distance Learning' page provides learning activities for each year group as well as whole school activities. Keep a track of your learning at home as your work can also count towards your Children's University hours.
Recommended Learning for all Year Groups
Maths Home Learning
- We highly recommend the use of White Rose Maths, which you can access here. The White Rose Maths learning website offers daily video lessons. There are lessons for each year group every day with a Friday challenge and a link to that day’s BBC Bitesize page for more information and even more lesson content. Each week please watch the teaching videos on the White Rose Maths website and then visit your child’s Seesaw account to download the activity sheets and answers. We will be posting the activity sheets the day before the lesson. Answers will be posted after 12 noon on the same day so children can check their work and the next day’s work will be posted. Remember to keep uploading the children’s maths work on Seesaw so the teachers can admire everyone’s work and count up the house points.
- Regular practice using Times Tables Rock Stars and Numbots is also highly recommended.
‘Third Space Learning’ has sent us a link that you can access here to their independent recap maths worksheets. The maths worksheets are designed to align where possible with the objectives that have been taught if you’re following White Rose Maths online. They are available for every year group from Year 1 to Year 6 covering topics from angles to measurement and fractions. Each worksheet is designed to be completed independently by pupils and provides some practice of the concepts that they have been learning, whilst also providing some greater depth challenges.
Cornerstones Weekly Challenges
Cornerstones is producing a weekly challenge sheet for Years 3-6. To access this, please click here.
To access the 'Nessy' app for reading, writing and spelling, please use your log in.
Bear Grylls and the Great Indoors
The Scouts are experts in developing skills and bringing adventure to young people. Whilst they normally love the great outdoors, they have pulled together some inspired indoor activity ideas to keep children learning new skills and having fun. To access these, please click here.
Joe Wicks' P.E. Classes
Join in with Joe Wicks' P.E. class at 9am each day for a fun keep fit class via YouTube. A great way to start the day with a burst of energy. We love this at Copley!
Twinkl is offering free access to their fantastic range of learning resources for the time being. To access these resources click on the link here and sign up using your own email address and create your own password. Use the offer code UKTWINKLHELPS.
Twinkl offers a huge range of learning resources for many subjects including maths, English and science. Click on the KS2 tab to find learning resources on a wide range of topics, including Water, the Environment, Staying Healthy, Pirates, the Rainforest, Inventions and Inventors, Festivals and Celebrations , Animals etc. You are bound to find something that will interest and engage your child.
To access our Learning Challenges for all year groups, please click here.
Distance Learning Materials for each Year Group
- To access our Distance Learning materials for Year 3 (these are also posted on Seesaw for all children every Friday), please click here.
- To access our Distance Learning materials for Year 4, (these are also posted on Seesaw for all children every Friday), please click here.
- To access our Distance Learning materials for Year 5, (these are also posted on Seesaw for all children every Friday), please click here.
- To access our Distance Learning materials for Year 6, (these are also posted on Seesaw for all children every Friday), please click here.
Mindfulness, Relaxation and Creativity Activities
To access whole-school activities for all year groups, including fun challenges, resources to support mindfulness, relaxation and creativity, please click here.
Please click here for our Emotional WellBeing, further Mindfulness and Nature resources.
Seesaw App and our Home Learning Gallery
We use the Seesaw app to post home learning tasks and to let children and parents upload completed work ready for the teachers to admire!
To read our 'How to Use Seesaw - A Guide for Children and Parents', please click here.
Please click on the first image below to view our gallery of fantastic home learning weekly highlights undertaken by the children at Copley.
- To view our gallery of children's fantastic work on different themes, please click here.
Children at home and at our child care group created rainbow pictures to cheer us all up. Many pictures were displayed in the windows of our homes so the pictures could cheer up passersby out for their essential journey or daily exercise.
Click on the first image below to view our rainbow gallery. The pictures are sure to bring a smile to your face. Well done children!
Mindfulness Colouring Pictures and Easter Cards
Children at home and at our child care group relaxed and completed mindfulness colouring designs.
Click on the first image below to view our mindfulness colouring gallery. Lovely work, children!
Child Care Easter Activities
Our child care group enjoyed taking part in a variety of Easter activities, including making Easter cards, egg and spoon races and an Easter egg hunt!
100th Birthday Cards for Captain Tom Moore
Children in our child care group wanted to thank Captain Tom Moore for his fund raising walk in support of the NHS so they made and posted birthday cards to celebrate his 100th birthday.
Making Stars to #LightUptheSky
We joined in with the #LightUptheSky initiative to make a star, we displayed them in our windows and shone a light at 9pm to show our support for everyone.
- To view our gallery of children's fantastic work on a range of different themes, please click here.