If your child is starting at Copley Junior in September, please check the documents and links on this page to find all the information you need.
Welcome to all the Year 3 pupils, parents and carers who will be joining the Copley Junior School community in September 2020.We are greatly looking forward to welcoming all our new children into school at the start of the autumn term.
This page of our website is designed to provide you with the key information you will need as your child prepares to join us.
Please click on the links below to see copies of letters and other information we have sent out to you:
Pupil-Friendly Welcome Booklet - written by the Copley School Council
Children in the School Council have planned and produced this welcome booklet. We hope you will share this with your child.
Please click on the links below to find information on the following:
- School diary dates are sent out as a list at the start of each term and are shared via the newsletter each week. The website calendar on the home page is always up to date and is a handy place to check school diary dates - please click here to access the home page, then scroll down to find the website calendar. Dates for 2020-2021 will be added in due course.
- We send out a weekly newsletter each week to keep you up to date with all our school news. To receive this, please sign up by clicking here. To access any newsletters from the previous year, please visit the newsletter archive by clicking here.
- Copies of all current letters sent out are posted on the letters page of the website. Please click here to view the letters page.
- Our pupil journalists work with our editor-in-chief, Miss Blades-Baker, to produce a termly newspaper. To read the latest edition of 'The Copley Chronicle', please click here.
- The Governing Body sends out a governor newsletter each term to share their work with our parent community. To read recent editions of the governor newsletter, please click here.
- Join us on Twitter! To view our Twitter feed, which provides you with snippets of news and photos of school life, please click on the picture link here.
- Click here for Parent Curriculum Leaflets - These are published as teachers launch their new creative learning projects and provide an overview of what children will be learning. The leaflets are available on the website and we also send these out to you via our ParentPay system. The leaflets will be updated ready for September but provide a good overview for you now.
- Click here for our Knowledge Mats - These share some of the key knowledge and vocabulary for children to learn in each learning project. Children have their own copy to use in the classroom. The knowledge mats are available on the website and we also send these out to you via our ParentPay system.
- Click here for the Year Group Class Page - This is updated each half term with photos, examples of work and an overview of the children's learning. This provides a snapshot of learning in Year 3 from September 2019 up to the point of school closure in March 2020.
- Click here to visit our Assessment page - here you can find out more about our assessment models for reading, writing and maths and assessment at the end of Key Stage Two.
- Click here for the Homework Galleries - This is updated following each project homework cycle.The gallery showcases fantastic work and is also a great place to get inspiration for future project homeworks.
- Long Term Plan - This page provides links to give you an overview of the curriculum learning in each year group. This will be updated ready for September 2020 but will provide a good overview now. If you would like to find out more detail about our teaching of different subjects, then please click on the following links: science, history, geography, design technology, art, music, computing, R.E., PSHCE, French, P.E.
- Click on the following links to find out more about our approach to teaching English: Long Term English Plan (this will be updated ready for September 2020 but will provide a good overview now); Reading; Spelling Scheme of Work and Guidance; Grammar Leaflets with Y3/Y4 expectations.
We offer a range of after school clubs each term. We hope to be able to start extra-curricular provision again as soon as protective measures due to COVID-19 are lifted . Please click here to see an overview of some of the varied clubs offered.
The Children's University is a great way to recognise and reward all the extra-curricular learning your child has achieved and the annual graduation is always a special event.
We compete successfully in many sporting competitions each year. To read all our sporting competition news, please click here.
We pride ourselves on the family feel of our community. Under the 'Our Community' section of the website you can find out about our different pupil leadership groups and the work of the Governing Body. Our CSA (Copley School Association) organises enjoyable events that raise additional funds to spend on enhancing the children's education. We always welcome new members at meetings and events. You can find out more by visiting the CSA website page. We regularly seek and respond to parent views. You can see the results of recent surveys on the Parent View page.
CSA Summer Fair 2019
Welcome to Year 3 - Teddy Bear's Picnic