Introduction from the Governing Body
The Governing Body at Copley Junior School is a democratic group of people, including parents, members of staff and members of the local community, who work as a team for the benefit of the school. They are fully involved in the life of the school and meet regularly to support and challenge the school to provide the best outcomes and opportunities for the children at Copley.
The Governing Body has many responsibilities including:
- Making sure that the school has the capacity to improve and raise standards of learning and teaching;
- Making sure that the school continually maintains high standards of safeguarding and behaviour;
- Making sure that the school sets a strong budget and that spending is linked directly to school improvements;
- Approving and monitoring the school’s budget and spending throughout the year;
- Keeping abreast of new educational initiatives so that they are able to support and challenge school leaders.
As governors we look to keep lines of communication open with the school and its community. Should you wish to contact me please do so via the school office.
Mr A. Buxton, Chair of the Governing Body
Instrument of Government
The composition of the Governing Body is set out in the Instrument of Government below.
Governing Body Committee Membership 2022 - 2023
In the table below please find details of all the Governing Body committees at Copley Junior School.
Governing Body Policy Documents
Visit the School Policies page of our website to view our policies for governors
Schools' Financial Benchmarking Service
Please click on the link here to view Copley Junior's details on the government's School Financial Benchmarking Service website.
Register of Interests
Governing Bodies of maintained schools have a duty to publish their Register of Interests. The register includes the following details:
- Business interests
- Other educational establishments where they are a governor
- Family relationships between Governors and members of staff at this school
Governor Attendance at Meetings 2022-2023
Governor Attendance at Meetings 2021 - 2022
In the table below each governor is listed, together with their designation (parent governor, Local Authority governor, co-opted governor etc.), their term of office and their attendance at meetings.